Tuesday, February 24, 2009

it's possible that i've died and gone to pastry heaven

I used to be a big fan of chocolate croissants when I was in the States. Then i arrived in France where it seems chocolate croissants don't exist...? Instead, they have pain au chocolat, which is roughly the same idea with the pastry and the chocolate inside and the deliciousness, etc. The exterior is not quite the same as a croissant, but it's similar. A few days a week I go to a stand in Centre Ville for lunch. I can never remember the name of this stand, but it's French and it starts with a G so I call it the Guillotine. Needless to say, this is not its name. But that's beside the point. I like to go because I can get the formule (roughly, "meal," litterally probably "formula") for 3.50€ which comes with a sandwich, a drink, and a pain au chocolat!! Point: I did this for lunch today. Other point: An hour after lunch I was hungry again (lord knows why, lunch filled me up), so I went to Stand-Up, the campus café for a torsade. I don't quite know what all goes into the magic that is a torsade, but it's two pieces of pastry woven together with chocolate chips holding them together...something like that, anyway, it's delicious; I might have taken a picture, but I NEEDED to eat it right away, it was imperative. It was also imperative that I share this information.

No comments:

Post a Comment