Tuesday, May 12, 2009

... and continued some more

Anyways, after the London Zoo, I wandered London in the rain with my friend John and talked about life. It was a very nice way to spend an afternoon. We went though Regent's Park again, around the West End, got a little turned around near Baker's Street, and then across London and through Hyde Park. It was quite a walk, but a great way to see the city. That night a large group of us went to a nearby Greek restaurant, I forget the name, but it was delicious.

Saturday, Isabel, Carly, and I went to Camden Market. Carly, who was studying in London, had been there before and took as around. It was a great place to get cheap, interesting clothes, although I didn't end up buy anything. It's also an excellent place for people watching. And building watching, if you're into that. There's a strong punk and goth influence in the neighborhood and especially at the market, but not in an exclusive or disconcerting way at all. It's just a fun market with chatty, flirtatious salespeople and some of the craziest shoes I've ever seen in my life. Heels with zippers, buttons, and neon paint, boots in every shape, size and color. Maybe I should have taken pictures, but it wasn't the kind of place where I felt comfortable looking like a tourist. Not that I ever feel comfortable looking like a tourist, but sometimes its just more acceptable. This wasn't one of those times.

After Camden, we swung by a cupcake shop and then met some friends for a ride on the London Eye. And that was our day. Here are some pictures from the London Eye.

The view on the way up:

And the view on the way back down:


No comments:

Post a Comment