Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cleveland Revisited

Way back in the month of July, I had planned a blog post so epic, it would have put Homer to shame; an expose of modern day life on the mean streets of Cleveland/a celebration of a love for all things Cleveland.  This tear-jerking heart-warmer was going to be posted just in time for Cleveland's 213th birthday on July 22, 2009. Sadly, life got in the way, the report from the Cleveland front never arrived, and my once beautiful dream was in shambles.

And so, for that, I apologize.

However, dear reader, know that I have been using my Cleveland calendar for many months now and I couldn't be happier. For the month of August I had a lovely view of the North Point Tower from East Ninth Street at Lakeside Avenue. September now brings me changing leaves in the Cleveland Botanical Garden in the University Circle area, appropriate as I am now back at my own university for a senior year. My calendar is nice and full and resides happily in my dorm room next to a post card of a wax statue of Abe Lincoln and family from Springfield, Illinois, another midwestern town which is close to my heart despite the small detail that I've never been.

And while it has been a while and the blog and I lost touch briefly, I never stopped caring; I'm here for you blog, I'm right here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment