Sunday, September 27, 2009

the internet, because the more i have to do, the less i get done

As each day passes, I am one step closer to my latest foe, the Graduate Record Examination. Each morning and each night I vow to lock myself away from the world and dig deep into the depths of academic prose, GRE prep books, and various papers, abstracts, and theses. However, with each passing day I am reminded that I am not a super-intelligent alien robot. This repeated realization still chokes me up. Moreover, not only am I human, I am an easily distractible human.

And it was a beautiful day outside. 

So I took a walk. And then I fed some geese. And then I took a nap. And then I checked my email. And then I was completely overwhelmed by the internet and got lost somewhere between lastfm and tumblr. It happens.

You call it procrastination, I call it a mental health day (and I don't think I'm the only one who would call it that).

Start around 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment