Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Saturday I went to Normandy. Sunday and Monday Brussels and the EU Parliament. Details to follow (test and dossier due tomorrow, eek!).

In the meantime, here's the real news. So I got home last night around midnight after having been gone all weekend. I open my door and there's a neon green note on the floor, clearly slipped under my door. It reads something to the effect of: You have a new neighbor. His name is Nicolas. I believe he knows you. Tuesday night we will eat together.

Actually, I think that's a pretty good translation. I only know one Nick and according to him, he did not move into my house while I was gone. This mytery man's toothbrush is in the bathroom and his Camembert is in the fridge, so this is lookin' pretty serious. I'll meet him tonight at dinner. In the mean time I've got a bit of jealous sibling anxiety, i.e. I was here first, nobody asked me, I don't wanna share. However, at the same time, I'm really excited to hopefully have another student to practice French with. I guess the metaphor holds up then because I was really excited to have someone to play with when I first heard I was gonna have a little brother, and later, a little sister.

Also, met some French students today, music students, through our professors. As I consumed an infinite number of brownies, they spoke to me in English, I responded in French. It was a lot of fun.

Alright, homework time!

No comments:

Post a Comment